Do you have native-level German skills and a deep love for language? Can you see yourself driving consistency and linguistic quality across various translation projects? Do you thrive in a fast-paced working environment full of good energy?
Then you might be exactly who we’re looking for!
About the position:
At Sinful, we strive to deliver the best customer experience in all our markets. A huge part of that is ensuring excellent content in each market’s native language. This is where you come in, as part of our Markets team in the E-commerce department. Your role will be to ensure the quality and consistency of the content we produce for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets - whether it’s content you translate yourself, or texts translated by external linguists.
Your main responsibilities:
- Acquiring broad knowledge and understanding of our products as well as learning to write in the Sinful tone of voice
- Translating and adapting various types of content from primarily English to the German-speaking markets
- Proofreading and quality-checking German content translated by external linguists, and giving them feedback to improve the quality of their work
- Staying on top of trends on the German, Austrian and Swiss markets by conducting on-going market research
- Native-level German language skills, professional level English language skills and basic Danish language skills
- Ability to convey the message of the original text fluently, creatively and grammatically correct in German while staying true to the Sinful tone of voice
- Excellent translation, transcreation and proofreading skills
- Structured approach to tasks combined with a keen eye for detail
We imagine our ideal candidate to have an educational background in linguistics and/or previous experience with translation/language work. But maybe your awesome skill set would also be perfect for this role? Let us know how!
- The practical: An exciting full-time job in one of the fastest growing companies in Denmark - not to mention pension scheme, staff discounts and a yummy lunch buffet
- The professional: Ambition, drive and focus from everyone in the house. We all work together to become the world champion as a company and as a brand
- The fun: At Sinful, we all have more than one favourite colleague. We laugh every day, with each other and at ourselves - and we love our "3rd half" together.
- The bragworthy: We are a rapidly growing Gazelle company, beating our own records every year
- The obvious: You quickly get used to cheeky remarks from your friends about your place of work. Their remarks will even quicker turn to admiration when you tell them how amazing it is to work at Sinful!
- Working hours: Full time, 37 hours/week
- Period of employment: From February to the end of 2023.
- Application deadline: Please send us your application as soon as possible, we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
- Place of employment: Højbjerg, Aarhus, Denmark.
Please note that a test in German will take place as part of our recruitment process. This may be written, oral or both.
If you have any questions, please contact Localisation Manager, Emma Lapinlahti, at email@example.com
Sinful is the largest e-commerce business in the Nordic sex toy industry. We aim high and currently have web shops in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, France, the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands and Belgium.
We are proud recipients of the Danish Entrepreneurship Award for E-Commerce in 2017 and 2018 as well as the Danish Gazelle Award every year from 2015 to 2022.
You will gain over 200 ambitious colleagues who insist on making every working day fun and educational, and who appreciate being able to meet up outside working hours for social events. Our daily work revolves around inspiring people to love more, be more intimate and to play more. Therefore, it is important to us that you have a positive mindset and a ready smile, an open mind and a playful nature.
We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnic background, religion or sexual orientation, to apply for the position.